- Adult patients, 18-55 years of age
- Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (according to revised McDonald criteria)
- Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) 3 to 6.5 points
- Disease duration from onset of MS symptoms < 15 years if EDSS > 5.0, < 10 years if EDSS >/= 5.0
- Sexually active male and female patients of reproductive potential must use two methods of contraception throughout the study treatment phase and for 48 weeks after the last dose
- History of relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis, secondary progressive, or progressive relapsing multiple sclerosis at screening
- Contraindications for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Known presence of other neurologic disorders
- Known active infection or history of or presence of recurrent or chronic infection
- History of cancer, including solid tumors and hematological malignancies (except for basal cell, in situ squamous cell carcinomas of the skin and in situ carcinoma of the cervix that have been excised and resolved)
- Previous treatment with B-cell targeted therapies (e.g. rituximab, ocrelizumab, atacicept, belimumab, or ofatumumab)
- Any previous treatment with lymphocyte trafficking blockers, with alemtuzumab, anti-CD4, cladribine, cyclophosphamide, mitoxantrone, azathioprine, mycophenolate mofetil, cyclosporine, methotrexate, total body irradiation, or bone marrow transplantation
- Any concomitant disease that may require chronic treatment with systemic corticosteroids or immunosuppressants during the course of the study
If you think you fulfill the inclusion criteria for this trial please speak to your neurologist about the possibility of being referred for screening for this study.
CoI: (1) The Royal London Hospital is a site in this trial (principal investigator Dr Klaus Schmierer). (2) Prof. Giovannoni is a member of the steering committee that oversees the running of this trial.