Comments left on the poll:
- We need to realise that MS is a bad disease.
- “Shredding sounds rather violent! I agree that it could spur people into action in terms of changing the way MS is regarded, and the need to prescribe DMDs etc.
- The action of MS is more insidious, can’t think of a good word at the moment and am pressed for time, but I’m sure there is an appropriate word out there…”
- Please use whatever language you need to wake up the giant!
- Degeneration is a better description, Prof G.
- Why do you continue to come up with such derogatory “labelling” terms? dementing, now shredding.
- My brain is shredded. You couldn’t think outside the box. I got no treatment an was made to feel a fool. Mine and my family’s life has been ruined. I will forgive but never forget!!
- Shredder OR shredding appear to be irreversible processes when apllied to paper- is it this the same of brain tissues? If not I would find a better term.
“Although some of the comments suggest shredding is a polarising word the poll suggests using an emotive term such as shredding is okay if it achieves its aim.”