Many moons ago you will remember that you could post at will, you would post and it would appear. There could be some heated discussions.
However, invariably posts particularly on CCSVI would attract destructive Trolls…leading to all comments being moderated. This means they are slow to arrive and depending on content may not arrive at all.
Some we may remove even after posting, because we have not thought the issue through enough. If we have time we may redact them.
- Do Not Advertise
- Do Not Include Secret Links
- Do Not Include Links to Commercial sites
- Do Not have links in your Webname
Explain what the link means, as we have to check them
- Do not libel
- No Trolls Please, you make the blog an unpleasant experience
- Use Dr X, Dr Y. etc. You are making a comment and not a vendetta.
- You can make gushy comments that are complementary. Ego enlargement is OK, however destructive comments are not welcome.
- Be constructive, even when you are making a negative comment. (This does not mean they have to be bland, we all enjoy a good debate…most of you like VV or Dr.Dre)
- Don’t shoot the messenger
We realise that progress is not fast enough but we do not control the process
- This is not a soap box (OK it is our soap box)
- If you have a long post maybe best to write and cut and paste as comments can be word limited
Please remember to think what detail you provide about yourself if you post under a name (remember it does not have to be your real name, however it you post with a name you get a persona..Is Dr.Dre International rap star…Doubt it).
- This is a not a private consultation, keep your comments general. We can not do consultatations and without your notes and history it is difficult to give advice anyway.
- Please be patient. We try and answer comments but some will slip through the net. Some of the bloggers launching the comments are not qualified to answer them and answers may be slow. The clinicians may not have time to answer and may also not want to be dragged into a debate they don’t want to have.
- If you don’t understand, ask the question! Don’t be afraid of the “stupid question” because if you don’t understand there will be many other readers that do not understand also. Doing this as “anonymous” should hide your embarrassment if there is an easy answer. If there is an easy answer this may be forthcoming from an MSer.
We are UK centric this is what we know better, but our readers are global. Please excuse my bad Engrish, especially my phone posts
Avoid use of the TROLL font i.e. emphasizing certain points in upper case. This is disproportionately used by trolls and increases the chance of you post going to spam.
More to follow as ProfG may want to add a few