Microsoft’s HealthVault promised to revolutionise the way medicine was done. The fact they are closing it down tells a story. Not enough vision and commitment. Very disappointing. Maybe the MS Brain Health consortium will do a better job with MS-Connect. What do you think?
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR MICROSOFT
Microsoft HealthVault service to end November 20, 2019
This notice contains important information from the HealthVault team at Microsoft. Please read this notice immediately; it contains time-sensitive information that may require you to take action.
We are reaching out to you because you are a registered user of the HealthVault service. We are providing you this notice to ensure you are aware of an important development:
- The Microsoft HealthVault service will be shut down as of November 20, 2019.
- Data you have in your HealthVault account will be deleted effective November 20, 2019. If you wish to keep the data in your account, you need to take action now to transfer that data from your HealthVault account.
Please take appropriate action to move your data or information you may have stored in your HealthVault account. To help customers that wish to transfer their data out of HealthVault, several options are available and described below.
If you are using an Application (mobile, web, etc.) that is dependent on the HealthVault service, such applications may also stop working once the HealthVault service is shut down. Please reach out to the Application provider for information on their plans.
We appreciate your use of the HealthVault Service. If you have questions regarding this communication please do not hesitate to reach out to HealthVault Customer Support.
The HealthVault Team
- What date will the HealthVault service become unavailable?
The HealthVault service will become unavailable on November 20, 2019.
- Will I be able to access or add new data to my HealthVault account after November 20, 2019?
No, when the HealthVault service is shut down on November 20, 2019 your account will be closed. You will no longer be able to access the account or any data in it. If you want to keep the data that you currently have in your HealthVault account, please take action now to either download your data or transfer that data to another record keeping service, or your data will be deleted on November 20, 2019.
- Can I delete my account and/or the data in it before November 20, 2019?
Yes, you may proactively delete your account before November 20, 2019 if you choose to do so. For help, view the HealthVault Helpsection, Your HealthVault Account – “How do I close my HealthVault Account?”
- Can I obtain a copy of or download my data before November 20, 2019?
Yes. You can download your data by logging into your account and choosing to export your data. Details on how to export data can be found under the HealthVault Help section, Health Information – “How do I export and save health information from HealthVault?”. Once you have exported your data you have the option to take it to another record keeping service of your choice (for example, a Personal Health Record (PHR) service).
- Is there an option for me to transfer or export my data to another Personal Health Record (PHR) provider?
The following companies should be able to provide you with a streamlined option to export your data to one of their PHR services. If you would like to use one of these services, you will need to authorize the HealthVault application to export your data to that service. You can find more information for these options here:
- How do I export my data to Get Real Health’s Lydia? (US and International Customers)
- How do I export my data to FollowMyHealth®? (US Customers Only)
Please be aware that these companies are not affiliated with Microsoft, so if you export your data to them Microsoft will no longer be responsible for that data or its safekeeping. Because your data instead will be governed by the terms of service and privacy and security policies and practices of these companies, you should familiarise yourself with those terms, policies and practices before exporting your data to these companies.
- What happens to my data if I do not wish to download or transfer it or if I don’t take any action before November 20, 2019?
If you do not wish to download or transfer your data, you may proactively delete your account and the data contained within before November 20, 2019. If you do not take any action then your data will be automatically deleted when the HealthVault service is shut down on November 20, 2019.
- Will I or my provider be able to access my HealthVault emergency profile after November 20, 2019?
No, your HealthVault emergency profile will not be accessible by you or others after November 20, 2019.
- I have set up devices like a blood pressure cuff to send data to my HealthVault account. What happens to these connections?
On November 20, 2019 HealthVault will stop accepting any new data from all devices. Until then, you may continue to send data to your HealthVault account using your devices (unless you have closed your account).
- I currently use HealthVault Connection Center to connect my device with my HealthVault account. Will HealthVault Connection Center continue to work past November 20, 2019?
HealthVault Connection Center is also being decommissioned and will no longer be able to send data to your HealthVault account once the HealthVault service is stopped on November 20, 2019.
- How do I stop getting notifications about the deprecation of HealthVault?
You may delete your HealthVault account now to stop receiving these notices.
For more information on how to delete your account, see the HealthVault Help section, Your HealthVault Account – “How do I close my HealthVault Account?”.
- I use an Application on my phone that sends my data to HealthVault. Will this Application still work after HealthVault is gone?
That will depend on what the Application does. There may be some limited functionality that the Application can still perform, or it may stop working completely as it will no longer be able to access the HealthVault services. For technical problems with a specific Application you should contact the Application provider.